While browsing cocktail recipes, trying to come up with something for this lovely Cocktail Thursday, I ran across several reviews (amateur and professional) of Tanqueray No. 10 that commented on its citrus notes. Since No. 10 is my “starter gin” and the only one that I keep in the liquor cabinet (for now), I decided to play on that. We have a couple of grapefruits from our CSA in the fridge, so I decided to go with the Freshly Pressed, a grapefruit-and-gin concoction.
This is one classy gin and juice. The citrus and gin go together so well, they practically seem to intertwine in your mouth. It’s mildly sweet, but far from cloying.
As the hubby pointed out, it is a pretty pink drink, but that’s all natural beauty. He claimed he could never order it in a bar… but I’ve seen him do worse.
- juice of one grapefruit (about 4 oz)
- 2 oz gin, preferably Tanqueray No. 10 (or another mild gin with citrus notes)
- ¼ oz light agave nectar
- ¼ oz warm water
- dash bitters
- Mix the grapefruit juice and gin in a shaker filled with ice.
- Stir the agave nectar and water together in a small bowl and add the diluted agave nectar to the shaker with the other ingredients along with a dash of bitters.
- Shake well and strain into cocktail glasses.
Linked up at: