It’s January, and that means peak grapefruit season! Lucky us, we’re members of a CSA that brings us citrus at this time of year, and included in our last couple of boxes have been some of the most beautiful, juicy, red grapefruits I’ve ever seen.
I love a good grapefruit half for breakfast, but with such bounty, how could I resist juicing a couple of these beauties and using them in a cocktail? While the Freshly Pressed is still my favorite use for grapefruit, I do love this fresh take on my old favorite, the Mexican Martini.
- 4 oz Sauza Conmemorativo or other high-quality tequila
- 2 oz Grand Marnier
- juice of ½ grapefruit (about 3 oz)
- juice of one lime (about 1 oz)
- 1 oz light agave nectar
- 1 oz warm water
- Whisk the agave nectar and the warm water in a small bowl and set aside.
- Combine all other ingredients in a large shaker filled with ice, then add the diluted agave nectar.
- Shake and strain into a salt-rimmed cocktail glass. Enjoy!