Spaghetti with cracked pepper and parmesan is one of my go-to weeknight meals when everything else falls through and I need to get dinner together in 20 minutes. I can throw it together with stuff I have on hand, and it’s always delicious.
Make sure to use good-quality parmesan, since that’s where the flavor comes from. I like whole wheat pasta not only because of the nutritional content, but also because it has a heartier, nuttier flavor that holds its own in this dish. I served it the other night with a quick salad of wilted spinach, avocado and some balsamic vinaigrette.
And that was that! It was a delicious weeknight meal with a minimum of fuss. That’s just how I roll.
- ½ lb whole wheat spaghetti
- ½ cup grated parmesan
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- freshly ground pepper and kosher salt to taste
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain, reserving about ½ cup of the pasta water.
- Toss the warm pasta with the parmesan, olive oil, a generous dose of pepper and salt and a splash of the pasta water.
- Taste and adjust seasonings. Add more pasta water if needed. Serve and enjoy!