How can you go wrong with a cocktail made with gin and honey, as an ode to spring and the buzzing bees that deliver us this delectable nectar. With Meyer lemons in the fridge and local raw honey from Goodflow (ever-present on our countertop), it was a no-brainer to try this Food & Wine cocktail.
The hubby, ever my taste-tester, volunteered that the Bee’s Knees “tastes like spring.” He is not much given to saying such things, so it must really be true!
- 2 Tbsp honey (preferably local raw honey)
- 4 oz dry gin (I like Tanqueray No. 10)
- 2 oz fresh lemon juice (Meyer lemon preferred)
- Stir the honey into 1 Tbsp warm water until dissolved to make a honey syrup.
- Fill a shaker with ice and add the gin, lemon juice and honey syrup. Shake and strain into a cocktail glass.