Yes, I said chocolate chip cookie brownies. That would be brownies with a layer of chocolate chip cookies baked right on top, so it forms one gooey, unified, perfect dessert.
Happy Mother’s Day indeed. I made these for my mom today, and we all flipped for them.
Just… seriously. Chocolate chip cookie brownies! How could you go wrong?
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 1 cup + 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 box brownie mix (I prefer Ghirardelli), plus eggs, oil and water as called for on the box
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Cream the butter and sugars in a stand mixer. Add the egg and vanilla and beat until combined.
- Add the flour, baking soda and salt and mix until just combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Prepare the brownie batter according to package directions. Spread in a greased 8 x 8 pan. Top with the cookie dough, dropping clumps of the dough over the batter to cover. You may not use quite all the dough, but that's what "sampling" is for!
- Bake for 20 minutes uncovered, then cover with foil and bake for 20 more minutes. Uncover and bake for an additional 5 to 10 minutes, until the cookie layer is browned and the brownies are almost set in the middle.
- Remove from the oven and let stand until cooled, at least 30 minutes. Cut into squares and serve.