When it’s hot outside, but you still want a chocolately treat, what’s a girl to do? Fudgcicles would work, sure, but I wanted cookies… So when I ran across this recipe for no-bake chocolate oatmeal cookies, I knew today was the day to try them out.
I made these for a neighborhood potluck, and they were a hit. I personally ate more than a few. Ahem. But they have almond butter, so… protein? Yes.
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter
- 2 cups sugar
- ½ cup milk
- 1¼ oz baking chocolate (unsweetened), chopped*
- ½ cup almond butter
- 3½ cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Melt the butter, sugar, milk and chocolate together in a large saucepan, stirring. Bring to a rolling boil over medium heat and boil for one minute.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the almond butter, oats and vanilla.
- Line two cookie sheets with wax paper. Using an ice cream scoop, drop the mixture by the spoonful onto the cookie sheets. Allow the cookies to cool completely to set. Enjoy!