Food of the Gods Chocolate Cookies
Author: Adapted from this recipe from Maggie Louise Bakes
Recipe type: Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups high-quality dutch processed cocoa (can substitute natural cocoa)
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cups (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp coffee liqueur (optional)
- 2/3 cups white chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup milk chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Sift together the flour, cocoa, salt and baking soda in a medium bowl.
- Beat the butter and sugar together in a stand mixer until no chunks of butter remain, and the texture is that of a thick paste.
- Beat in the eggs one by one, and add the vanilla and coffee liqueur (if using).
- Turn the speed to low and gradually mix in the dry ingredients. Stir until just incorporated. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Chill the dough in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.*
- Using an ice cream scoop or a large spoon, scoop the dough onto the cookie sheets and bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Cool briefly on the cookie sheets, and then transfer to a wire rack. Serve warm with a glass of milk.
Recipe by Gourmet Veggie Mama at http://www.gourmetveggiemama.com/2013/03/02/food-of-the-gods-chocolate-cookies/